Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beginnings to a Journey

I know I'm not the best writer, so you'll have to bear with me. This is really part journal and part for entertainment for those of you who know my family and I best.

My family picked me up from South Port, England on Wednesday. We took a plane to Copenhagen, Denmark. I was sad to leave the team but excited to see new parts of Europe. I ran into some team girls in the airport and they told me there was a huge problem with my bag that morning and the airport. I had asked about a month before we left if we could send our bag with our tour clothes home and the answer I thought I got was a yes. Apparently I was wrong. As I did not go to the airport with the team and I just sent my bag with them, I guess they had to separate my things into a bunch of different peoples a tuff so they could have an extra bag and weight. Bless my dear friend who kept track of it all. But those of you who know me should know that when I found out Lee was mad that it even happened in the first place, I freaked out the rest of the day. But I know what many of you would say, there was nothing I could do about it anymore. (I still sent him an apologetic text, And to all this who helped take care of my stuff... thanks!)




I got to see my families hotel in Liverpool and needless to say it was nice. They always stay in the nicest places without me. My first night with them I stay in an all white hotel that was a mix between an IKEA do it yourself kit and a cell with padded walls :) the bedding and towels had been vacuum packed and left there for me to make the bed myself. And it had bunk beds three tiers high! But it was an adventure that turned out well.


Thursday morning we loaded the car and pulled up to a ship. Well...we pulled into the mouth of a ship. The front had been lifted up and we drove onto it. It was like a one day, non all inclusive and not as nice cruise ship. The first thing we noticed was that we should have bought food to take on the ship as the cheapest meal cost $20. We wasted time playing good North American Family card games (Wyoming Rummy, Canadian Fruit Salad and Phase Ten). After declining an invite for drinks we went to bed on our fold down bunk beds. The difficulty there, five adults and four twin size beds. Yay!

I'll stop here and do a new post for Bergen :)


- Me (Elisha)

Location:England to Copenhagen

No comments:

Post a Comment