Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Step into the Past

Sunday, June 20th, was set to be a travel day. We loaded the car and got on the road. After the six glasses of apple juice I had for breakfast, it didn't take long to need a rest stop. We stopped in Flam, which we were in the day before. My mom took a pic with a troll to match mine from the day before.




We got back on the road and a little while later pulled to the side of the road. The view was breathtaking! So what did I do... More pictures!!! Here they are...
















We stopped in Al. This is the city where my great-great-grandmother grew up. One goal we had was ton come here and find the old church. We stopped and took pictures at this beautiful church and looked at the graves surrounding it. We couldn't find any graves older then 1909. After a phone call to wake up my aunt at three in the morning, we discovered we were at the wrong church.

Arriving at the correct chapel, we found the old church next to a brand new one. The old church was built in 1100. Crazy old! I was in aw to realize that if I stepped back in time my great-great grandmother would be arriving to attend Lutheran services in this very church. The worker lady there even let me take cool pictures of the keys to the chapel.












More to come...called Vigeland Park

- Me (Elisha)

Location:Al Norway

1 comment:

  1. Elisha

    I am visiting various places to spread the Verde Vida, dedicated to the environmental cause. I am a biologist and professor in Brazil.

    http://www.vervida.blogspot.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete