Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Reflections

At the beginning of this class I was scared. I have never claimed to be a technologically smart person and taking a technology class I thought i would fail.

Though I have not shown it, I can honestly say that this is the class I have recieved the most benefit from. As a current teacher at BYU I am already using technology that I have discovered through this class. I will admit that some I will use more than others. But all of it was good information.

I found the most benefit from the iMovie assignment to make my own video. I have always had students ask me to post movies for a review but I never had until now. It was more simple than i ever thought it would be. Then I used what I had learned to make a video for my company and we created a flash mob. We only met and practiced twice before the actual event, they had learned the whole thing from a video I made. I used multiple things we have learned in class. I created a movie with iMovie, created a blog for the ballroom dance team at BYU, I used Youtube to post the video on the internet, and I embeded it into the blog. All of these things I did not know how to do before this class and they all benefitted 170 peopl on the team. I can't explain the pride I felt having of completed such a task.

You can watch the instuctional video for the flashmob if you want below...



or the actual flashmob event...



I have been inspired from discussion in person with my fellow dance ed major peers who took this class. We had good discussions but its easy to see how I was inspired by them if you watch Kelli Thredgolds video she did for her project.

This class was a blessing to me and I hope to continue to learn about technology and spread my knowledge to my students.

2 comments:

  1. The flash mob was great! I wish I'd seen it live. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it turned out great. I saw the flash dance on Oprah with the Black-eyed Peas as well. Such a great way to inspire people to dance!

    ReplyDelete